This is a grant funded position and continuation is dependent upon availability of funds.
This position will be funded with Cares Act through September 30, 2021.
The Navarro College Small Business Development Center (NCSBDC) provides counseling, training and information to small businesses, as defined by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and to persons aspiring to entrepreneurship. The program is based in Corsicana, Texas with a service area that includes Navarro, Ellis, Freestone and Limestone counties. The program also maintains a satellite office in Waxahachie, Texas. The NCSBDC is a cooperative agreement between Navarro College and the SBA. Continuation of NCSBDC services is contingent upon continued annual funding from State and Federal resources.
This position will office primarily on the Corsicana Campus but may be required to be in Limestone and Freestone counties as needed.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a consultant to small business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs primarily in the NCSBDC service area.
- Social Media Marketing - Generate and post content on our social media
- Update content on our website
- Utilize Hootsuite platform for our social media and helping clients to utilize.
- Assist SBDC clients by gathering and analyzing key market information as well as identifying areas of improvement.
- Conduct market research for clients.
- Perform analysis of market SWOT for clients
- Assist clients in developing and implementing innovative marketing campaign
- Social Media Marketing - under the guidance of our VP of Marketing, develop content calendars and post daily across multiple platforms
- Help clients learn how to start a business, develop business and marketing plans, determine capital needs, conduct short and long-term planning, project cash flow, prepare and analyze financial statements, conduct business research and assist in the preparation of loan packages.
- Provide individual and group counseling and training for small business owners, managers and aspiring entrepreneurs in areas which include, but not limited to, business planning, financial management and networking.
- Conduct business research through online subscription databases to meet information needs of clients in areas such as industry and market research.
- Understand the center's management information system and assist in preparation of quarterly reports using the system, document counseling activity as required by SBA's "Program Announcement" and the North Texas Small Business Development Centers (NTSBDC) Network.
- Maintain a state of mobility and visibility so as to be responsive to clients, organizations, and agencies within the four counties served.
- Conduct follow-up meetings to monitor their progress, and to discuss their specific needs.
- Maintain accurate records, develop and implement satisfaction reports for the evaluation of client success.
- Attend professional training as required by Navarro College, the North Texas SBDC and SBA.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Program Director.
- Prepare quarterly success stories as required by NTSBDC.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business and/or Marketing.
- Will take into consideration a combination of work experience and educational background that will help fulfill the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Master's degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related professional experience as related to small businesses in any combination of areas such as:
- consultant to small business in areas of management or technical skills,
- staff member within a business or economic development organization, OR
- management and business planning experience in the private sector.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experience in marketing, business banking, loan applications and SBA programs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have good knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter.
- Must be extremely organized.
- Must have deep understanding of local markets and competitive landscape. Strong public relations and customer service skills with attention to detail.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must have excellent writing and speaking skills.
- Must be able to work and take initiative without close supervision, deal with a wide variety of individuals and organizations and maintain confidentiality.
- Be a self-starter and self-motivated individual.
- Willingness to work within the philosophical framework of Navarro College.
- Willingness to follow the SBDC rules and regulations and appropriate guidelines of SBDC policies and procedures.
- Ability and availability to attend and participate in networking events within the service area.
- May need to attend some evening events when warranted.
- Demonstration of presentation skills required during interview process.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Director of Small Business Development Center
SALARY: $50,000. - $60,000. Commensurate with Education and Experience. (This is a 12 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
Navarro College pays 100% of the health insurance premium for the employee and 50% for eligible dependents (spouse and children under the age of 26). Navarro College participates in the State of Texas insurance program where our employees are eligible for health insurance benefits on the first of the month following sixty (60) days of full time employment.
Other optional coverages are available immediately upon employment, including dental, vision, optional term life insurance, voluntary accidental death and dismemberment insurance, dependent term life insurance, short and long term disability, and TexFlex dependent care and health care reimbursement accounts.
Navarro College also participates in the Texas Teacher Retirement System (TRS) with 7.7% employee contribution and 6.8% employer contribution, and Optional Retirement Program (ORP) with 6.65% employee contribution and 6.6% employer contribution. These options are available upon full-time employment. Full-time employees also have the option of joining the Navarro College Retirement Plan after one year of service with 5% employee contribution and 8% employer contribution.
Full-time employees may apply for tuition reimbursement through Navarro College's Educational Assistance Program.
Navarro College also has a generous leave plan where employees accrue 6.67 hours of vacation time and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Vacation accrual increases with tenure. The college also recognizes most major holidays, including Thanksgiving (3 days), Christmas break (varies, but normally 10 days), and Spring Break (5 days). During these times, all departments are closed.
Interested applicants should click on the APPLY NOW button. Please note that you will be required to submit all requested documents in order to complete the application process.
PLEASE BE ADVISED:
It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all application materials are received by the deadline date, if date is provided. All materials included in your application packet (1) become Navarro College District property, (2) will not be returned, and (3) will be considered for this opening only.
Initial Interview travel costs will be assumed by the applicant (if warranted).