ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Protects the assets of Oil City Iron Works, Inc. and its employees.
- Restricts unauthorized personnel and vehicles from entering facility.
- Monitors security lights, alarms, doors, and vehicle safety per schedule.
- Registers and admits all incoming traffic and cars entering facility; including weighing trucks.
- Answers company phones as required.
- Reports crimes to Security Supervisor or Security Manager.
- Assists in medical emergencies when necessary.
- Follows security procedures in dealing with employees, visitors, and authorized vendors.
- Consistent patrols of company grounds on foot or assigned vehicle.
- Constant monitoring and observation of security cameras to ensure plant security.
- Flexibility to cover rotating shifts as necessary.
JOB KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must be capable conducting walking inspections of all company grounds.
- Must be able to use telephone and relay messages.
- Must be able to hear, see, and perform routine functions that are to ensure the goal of Safety and Security at OCIW.
- Foundry Environment.
- Regular Office Environment with Security checks in/around the foundry as necessary.
- Exposure to extreme temperatures.
- Exposure to high noise levels.
- Exposure to dirt and fumes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Must have current Drivers License with satisfactory driving record.
- Ability to acquire and physically meet qualifications to become certified in First Aid/CPR and AED within 1st year of employment with OCIW.
- Minimum of 6 months previous security experience.