ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates most of the equipment in the Machine Shop, including but not limited to conventional Lathes, Mills, CNC Lathes and CNC Milling Machines with a moderate amount of guidance from more experienced employees.
- Able to understand basic programming and to make offset changes as needed to maintain quality parts.
- Sets-up machines with minimum amount of assistance from more experienced employees.
- Cooperates and provides information to co-workers and customers when asked technical questions being careful to refer difficult questions to more experienced employees.
- Continues to learn more complex operations from more experienced employees.
- Maintains accurate and legible time sheets as well as production time records on all projects and jobs.
- Wears prescribed safety equipment and observes all safety rules and regulations.
- Measures parts using measuring instruments typically found in a Machine Shop.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years machining experience.
- Must be capable of lifting 60 pounds on a continuous basis.
- Must be capable of bending and lifting on a continuous basis.
- Must be proficient in the use of machinist tools.
- Must be capable of reading and comprehending moderately complex blue prints.
- Foundry Environment.
- Exposure to extreme temperatures.
- Exposure to high noise levels.
- Exposure to dirt and fumes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Technical Trade School Certification helpful.